Wednesday 5 November 2014

Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Styling Gel Review

Hello 

I seem to never be satisfied with my brows, or the way they look so I'm always on the hunt for something new. While searching for the perfect product, I came across Benefit's Gimme Brow but spending £17.50 on something that may not even work for me didn't really appeal to me.. So I set out looking for something similar from the drugstore and found various products but opted for the Rimmel version as I get along well with their products!




I've got to admit, I wasn't really impressed the first time I applied it.. I felt like it made no difference to my eyebrows and my cousin agreed too! However, after using it several more times, I have begun to enjoy using it! 

The gel defines and holds my brows in place all day, whilst being lightweight and not at all stiff or uncomfortable. I have quite a bit of patchiness at the beginning of my brows and this fills it in so naturally! I've never had any smudging with this or a hair out of place, even with my hijab against the end of my brows! I've also been filling my brows in and then using this over the top and I lovelovelove the look it gives! 

This product is available in a few different colours as well as a clear version.. I purchased the colour Dark Brown, and first thought my brows would be way too dark for this, but I now feel it works well. The colour is not warm-toned, which is something I'm always worried about with brow products. It tints my eyebrows slightly, so they never look OTT with this!

The wand is generally a good size, but I do find it a little difficult to use it for the end of my brows, so I end up using the tip of the wand. The wand can pick up a lot more product than needed, so I do usually take off the excess, and dip in again if I need more. Although the formula is quite thick, I feel as though I use a lot of this gel to achieve my desired look so I may run out of this tiny tube quickly, but for only £3.99 it's not a big deal to repurchase.

This product is perfect for natural brows which will not budge, but I don't think this is the perfect brow product for me. It's not as defining or as dramatic as I'd like by itself, but it's great for days when I'm in a rush and I need something fast.

Please do let me know if you have any product suggestions for me!

Thanks for reading, Thahira x

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh I use a bobbi brown brow gel, but seriously this does look amazing!!!

    Serene xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I still haven't tried anything from Bobbi Brown! :(
      It is amazing for natural-looking tamed brows all day! x

      Delete
  2. That's a great price for a brow gel! It looks great and really easy to use :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but there's only 5ml of product! :( & Yesss, definitely easy to use! x

      Delete
  3. I'm never overly impressed with these kinds of brow products myself :(

    and beauty or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit skeptical before trying it, but it's great for slightly tinting, shaping and keeping your brows in place all day when you're in a rush! x

      Delete