Wednesday 12 November 2014

Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter 'Golden Lights' Review

Hello! 

I'm pretty sure everyone and their nan has heard of Makeup Revolution by now, and how amazing their products are! I'm definitely a fan of a lot of the products I've tried and their highlighter 'Golden Lights' is no exception!


The pattern on the highlighter just looks so cute and makes you think it'll cost a lot more than £3!
The texture is really smooth and lightweight. It's easily picked up and blended in with a brush - I tend to use the Real Techniques Setting Brush or the ELF Fan Brush with a light hand, but it works fine with my fingers too. 

Although it looks very pale, when applied it appears as a beautiful golden colour! It is incredibly pigmented, so I only need to use a tiny bit to sweep across the tops of my cheekbones. I think it looks great as an inner-corner highlight for my eyes too! It can be built up for an intense highlight or used sparingly for more of a subtle, natural look. The colour compliments my skin tone so well and just adds a pretty glow! It doesn't look glittery at all, and only leaves a lovely sheen!


It seems to last very well on my skin, and I haven't really noticed any fading.

The only issue I have with this highlighter is the smell! It's the first thing I notice when I open it lol! It's not very strong but it's just not pleasant, I guess I'm just really picky. Despite the bad smell, I have continued to use it and it has become my favourite highlighter, beating my beloved Mary-Lou!

This gorgeous highlighter is available in three different shades, so there'll definitely be something to suit everyone!

Thanks for reading, Thahira x

8 comments:

  1. This looks so lovely & a at a great bargain price too!!!

    Serene xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I cannot believe how affordable it is! :D x

      Delete
  2. Really love this post! Would urge you to try their blush sticks which are gorgeous, matte malibu is a great contouring shade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I've heard so much about them, I think I will! Thanks x

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful highlighter and from your review, it seems like a good product, reminds me of my ELF one, I wonder how they compare.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried ELF's one, have you reviewed it? x

      Delete
    2. No (I don't think so not even on my old blog) ... If I get the make up revolution I might to a review comparing the two!

      Delete
    3. I hope you do, love your posts! x

      Delete