Sunday 9 November 2014

MUA Lipsticks Review

Hello! 

I am absolutely obsessed with lipsticks, so when they only cost £1, I'm obviously going to have to try them out! These lipsticks have been available for quite a while now, but I was recently given one to try through Beauty Product Testing!

From left to right: Shade 11, Peachy Keen, Shade 1
Shade 11 was the first lipstick I purchased from MUA, and it is a beautiful pinky-nude colour! The black packaging is for the original line of lipsticks, which are extremely creamy and pigmented! The colour is very opaque and you definitely do not need to go over your lips several times. Shade 1, a lovely deep red, is also the same! The only difference is that it is much more long lasting and applies a lot more evenly than Shade 11, which can be slightly patchy. They both have a stunning satin finish - my favourite after matte! These lipsticks come in a variety of colours and I do think I will be purchasing more in the future.. A decent lipstick for £1, I just can't say no!

Peachy Keen*, which is from the Matte collection, is a pretty peach colour and has pink tones too! I wasn't exactly pleased with this lipstick.. It feels waxy, isn't as pigmented as the other MUA lipsticks, doesn't apply evenly, and emphasises all the fine lines I didn't even know existed on my lips! I also don't think the white packaging looks appealing.
I didn't want it to go to waste so I tried it out as a cream blush and it's gorgeous as a natural blush colour (but it obviously isn't long-lasting)!

They all have a little clear pot at the bottom which can be unscrewed for more product! It also makes it a little easier for you to grab the colour you want to use!

I'm sure I'll be trying more from the original line of lipsticks, but I'll probably be staying away from the matte range. I've had my eye on a couple of their Velvet Lip Lacquers since they've come out too, but can never find them in store!

Let me know what you think of the MUA lipsticks!


Thanks for reading, Thahira x

8 comments:

  1. The shades look beautiful ��������!

    Serene xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed this range when I was out yesterday and I was amazed by the prices! Thanks for your review I was wondering whether I should try any of the products out and now I think I will x

    chicstrawberry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The normal lipsticks are great, I'd stay away from the matte lipsticks though! x

      Delete
  3. I agree, their original line is much better than the mattes, although I do like the berry matte. I just make sure I put a lot of lip balm on before, it makes it go on a bit more evenly :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That colour looks so pretty, I may have to try it just to see if it's any different! x

      Delete
  4. I agree with the review on the Matte Collection, the packaging is appealling but the lipstick dont really apply evenly, but their regular ones are awesome!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete